Presence is THE priority in my life right now, and in many ways it feels like I just discovered life. I had no idea that I wasn't fully alive. The fulfillment I feel in my life has been exponentially increased, and nothing has changed in the outside world.
I don’t believe that there is ”one thing” that is the key to life. However, if there was one thing that helped me to be more peaceful, more blissful and to feel infinitely abundant now, it’s this presence commitment. Nothing has been more transformational. I know I must have said this 100 times, but I cannot overstate the power that this has had in my life.
I was able to be present for a lot of the day. Although it seems like I struggled the most at the times when it was most important, during meditation and in my yoga class. In yoga class I was thinking about what I would eat when I got home, and how I wanted to start teaching yoga again. During meditation, I kept having the thought that I should make a video about the thoughts that pop into my head while I’m meditating. That made me laugh.
I didn’t scroll at all, but I did take in a bit of information about a new live podcasting platform that I’m exploring. It actually did make me feel a pang of not measuring up to others. Interesting how quickly and easily my mind can be pulled into those directions of “not enough”.
I did find that trust came very easily today, and life just flowed in perfect timing. It was beautiful.
I can’t really think of any resistance that came up today. I was very much in flow.
I meditated for about three hours today.
I definitely focused on giving and serving. I had a guest on my Patreon meeting today, and it was great to serve him with an audience, and serve my audience with him. I loved it.
The “rules” or guidelines for a year of Ananda (See Ananda definition here)
* I will be as present as possible, grateful and loving what arises. I will focus on serving whatever is in front of me joyfully.
* No social media scrolling! I will only post my content and answer comments and questions that are on my content.
* No intake of external information. No more podcasts, books, audiobooks, YouTube videos or information of any kind. 😳 I will turn inwards for answers, guidance and information.
* I will trust life COMPLETELY. No more struggle, striving, controlling, wanting or trying to make something happen. I will trust and know that whatever is in my life is perfect, and I don’t need to fix or change it.
* I will move toward what I resist, NO personal preferences or agendas. I will say YES to all of life. (Unless I'm in physical danger, of course)
* I will engage in as many spiritual practices as possible every day.
* I will focus on GIVING and SERVING.