Eternal, unconditional bliss or happiness that comes when one renounces the fruits of their actions and submits themselves completely to the divine will.
I’m truly interested in devoting myself to the divine. I am committed to this path, and I have no idea where it will lead. I’m excited to see what unfolds.
This commitment officially began on midnight of New Year’s Eve, 2021.
I was sleeping at midnight. I was awakened at 3am by my daughter’s dog barking. He didn’t stop, which Is highly unusual. My daughter takes very good care of him, and I have only had to take care of him myself a handful of times.
After at least twenty minutes of non-stop barking, I went in to shake my daughter awake, only to find that she wasn’t there. I remembered that she told me that she was going to her boyfriend‘s house.
I let the dog out of his crate, stumbled down the stairs, grumpily cursing my daughter the entire time. I let the dog out, and both of my indoor cats escaped as soon as I opened the door. This is all at 3am. I promised myself that if the cats came back alive, I was going to kill them. Three hours into my commitment to unconditional bliss and I’m thinking about killing cats.
I went back to sleep. New Year’s Day was spent cleaning and preparing my home for work to be done in my kitchen on January 2. The only time that I can remember feeling truly present and joyful was when I was making tea for my daughter. I was adding the sugar and milk, and feeling love for her. In that moment, I truly did feel the divine with me.
I tried to meditate, but it became very clear that I was exhausted. I could NOT stay awake. I finally gave up the meditation when I felt drool hit my arm and realized I had been completely asleep since the meditation began.
Not really a great start. I’m hoping that today (January 2, 2021) will be better. Ahhh! I’m hoping. Isn’t that wanting?
The “rules” or guidelines for a year of Ananda:
* I will be as present as possible, grateful and loving what arises. I will focus on serving whatever is in front of me joyfully.
* No social media scrolling! I will only post my content and answer comments and questions that are on my content.
* No intake of external informatio. No more podcasts, books, audiobooks, YouTube videos or information of any kind. 😳 I will turn inwards for answers, guidance and information.
* I will trust life COMPLETELY. No more struggle, striving, controlling, wanting or trying to make something happen. I will trust and know that whatever is in my life is perfect, and I don’t need to fix or change it.
* I will engage in as many spiritual practices as possible every day.
* I will focus on GIVING and SERVING.